I’ve never been good at starting off a conversation for the first time without being awkward or knowing what to say. This seems to be one of those times – even though I’m not physically talking to someone. I hope you stay with me. I have some things to say and they’re (hopefully) going to be worth your time and attention. If not then I’m sorry for wasting your time.
I might as well start off with a bit about myself:
- I’m Canadian. I am from Calgary, Alberta. I’ve lived in Calgary all my life except for those four years in Airdrie, that we never talk about, and the five years I spent pursuing, and finishing, my Bachelor’s degree in English.
- Just because I have an English degree… it doesn’t mean that I want to be a teacher. Far from it, in fact. I want to ultimately be a fiction writer, but in the mean time I want to break into the editing and publishing field. I’m an official member of the grammar police and I’m ok with that.
- My hobbies include writing (surprise!), reading (I’m a tad bit obsessed), yoga, hiking, running, and cooking.
- I hate winter. Yes, I know, I live in the wrong country.
- I don’t drink coffee. I’m a tea and hot chocolate drinker. (I can just imagine the horror on some coffee addict’s face as they read that.)
Now what can you expect out of me on this site? Well, I will be posting some of my short stories on here from time to time. I will keep you up to date on my adventures as a writer as I pass along helpful tips, writing prompts, some memes, etc. I’ll also be giving you updates on things that happen in my life or topics that I just find interesting. That being said, I also want to hear about what you want to read about or what you liked/didn’t like. So don’t be afraid to comment or ask me questions! Just remember to keep it classy (i.e.: no swearing, calling people names, being unnecessarily rude, etc.). I may have some guest writers from time to time on the blog. As to the frequency of my posts, I’ll have something up on the site every Thursday for your viewing pleasure by midnight at the latest.
And that is all have to say until next week lovelies.