I know the results were released for this back in September, but it is something a lot of people have been searching for on my site. I’m sure most of you have figured out who got in or not, but for those of you still wondering, here are the winners:
Grand Prize Winner:
Eliot Stein, “The Last Surviving Sea Silk Seamstress”
Other prize winners by category:
- Children’s and YA Winner: Sara Hale, “Mintaka Falls to Earth”
- Genre Short Story Winner: Leo Atteberry, “Prometheus”
- Inspirational Writing Winner: Judy Burke, “The Bench”
- Magazine Feature Article Winner: John Moir, “A Kindness While Dying”
- Mainstream and Literary Short Story Winner: Grace Dean, “Ten Thousand Names for Snow”
- Memoir and Personal Essay Winner: Joelle Anthony, “Sous Chef”
- Non-Rhyming Poetry Winner: Frances Judge, “From the Mannequin Factory”
- Rhyming Poetry Winner: Susan Love Brown, “Autumn Jazz”
- Stage Play and Movie and Television Script Winner: Christine Stevens DeLorenzo, “Richer Than a White Man”
And if any one was just checking in to see if I’d won anything… I will have to disappoint you. I did not place this year, but that shall not deter me from entering again in the future.
Don’t forget to check in tomorrow for your weekly post!