I’ve got another publishing opportunity for you all. This time the opportunity is for Blushing Books, a romance genre publisher.
Established in 1991, Blushing Books offers print and ebook formats to its readership. The press distributes to all major retailers, such as Barnes and Noble Nook, Kobo, Apple, All Romance eBooks, and Smashwords.
They offer a 50 percent royalty rate and provide advances on all titles that are not re-releases or anthologies. The press is also open to publishing previously self-published books in certain instances.
Here’s what the editors have to say:
“Most of our publications will fall into the ‘power exchange’ genre, but that genre is a broad one. Blushing Books publishes many books with a good deal of erotic content, but we also publish non-sexual stories containing discipline and/or spanking scenes.”
I do caution you to proceed with caution when it comes to these guys. Their imprint, Lazy Day, closed several years ago. The authors were not paid their royalties, and the author rights weren’t returned to the authors. You can learn more about that here.
Thankfully, no further complaints have been filed against them recently.
How to Submit to Blushing Books
Their submission guidelines are pretty in-depth, so please make sure that you thoroughly examine them before submitting your work. The publisher is looking for the following:
- All manuscripts must contain a minimum of 35,000 words.
- They do not accept any partial manuscripts. You must send them the full manuscript.
- They do not accept simultaneous submissions (submissions sent to more than one publisher at the same time).
- Make sure that your books are edited and polished before you submit them. They mention this requirement numerous times in their guidelines.
- Do not submit your manuscript via email. They have a submission form that they’d like you to use instead.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in .doc or .docx format. Times 12 pt. black font is preferred.
You can find Blushing Books’s full guidelines here.
Good luck to anyone who submits!
Stay safe, everyone.
Until next time!