Legend Press is for all of you contemporary literary fiction and crime fiction writers. The press is based out of the UK and only accepts two types of books:
- Contemporary literary fiction
- Crime fiction: psychological and political thrillers
If you write poetry, or in any other genre than these two, don’t bother sending your novel their way. They won’t accept it.
According to Authors Publish, Legend Press started out as a vanity press and had issues with payment and distribution. This was an issue over five years ago, which you should take into consideration before submitting your work.
Just to note: It looks to me like they have figured things out. They have signed Sara Foster, the author of You Don’t Know Me. I don’t know if this is different for others, but in Canada, you see this book frequently.
How to Submit to Legend Press
The publisher asks that all submissions are sent via email, along with the following:
- Why you think Legend Press is the right publisher for you
- Details of any previous publications
- Details of any competition successes
- At least two comparable titles (for example, books that were published in the last five years that are similar in style, subject matter, and readership)
- A detailed synopsis
- The first three chapters of your manuscript (as an attachment)
Please note that multiple submissions will not be read, and they take up to six months to get back to an author.
It looks like they accept simultaneous submissions, but they do ask you to let them know if you get accepted elsewhere before hearing back from them.
Good luck to all of you who submit, and if you get the chance, check out You Don’t Know Me by Sara Foster – I hear it’s an excellent book.
Also, don’t forget to let me know if you get accepted! I’d love to check your book out and recommend it to a friend.
Want more publishing opportunities delivered straight to your inbox? Then please consider signing up for my weekly newsletter!
Stay safe, everyone!
Until next time.