** This publishing opportunity is different than the other ones that I’ve posted thus far. With Ig Publishing, you won’t send in your manuscript to the publisher. You’ll be submitting a query letter only. **
Ig Publishing publishes literary fiction and progressive political nonfiction. The books they publish win or get honorable mentions for numerous awards. They are often featured on “best of” year-end lists. So if you’re looking to secure any accolades or awards for your writing, this press could be an excellent fit for you.
Here are some of the titles they’ve published that have received awards:
- 5 Under 35 pick for The Hopeful (2015)
- ALA Notable pick in fiction for Missile Paradise (2017)
- Montana Book Award Honorable Mention for A Bloom of Bones (2017)
- Center for Fiction First Novel Prize Shortlist Selection (2017)
- CLMP Firecracker nomination for Empire of Glass (2018)
- CLMP First Novel Longlist selection for Restless Souls (2018)
Their books have been reviewed in The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, Oprah Magazine, the Chicago Tribune, and NPR, among many other places.
How to Submit to Ig Publishing
As previously mentioned, Ig Publishing is only looking for unsolicited query letter submissions, which means they don’t want to see your manuscript unless asked. Here’s what you need to know:
- No manuscripts. Only query letters.
- All queries must be sent via email to the Editor-in-Chief, Robert Lasner.
- If you send anything to them via mail or email that is not a query letter, they will not read it.
This press wants everything to be sent to them via email. Please don’t send Ig Publishing your query letter in any other way.
If Ig Publishing is interested in your book, they’ll get in touch. At this point, they will probably ask to see your manuscript.
If you’re interested in learning more about Ig Publishing, you can check out their website.
I sincerely suggest looking into their other books to get a feel for what they like to publish. It’ll increase your chances of getting published.
Good luck to those who choose to query Ig Publishing! I hope they contact you to see your manuscript!
If you do get accepted, please let me know! I’d love to read your work and pass it along to a friend.
Stay safe, everyone.
Until next time.