Orange Blossom Review is a peer-reviewed online journal of fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, graphic literature, and book reviews. The journal is sponsored by the Florida College English Association and is thoughtfully curated and attractively designed.
Since launching in 2017, the journal has published four issues that feature work from approximately 15 contributors. They currently release twice a year in June and December and have open reading periods between January 15 and February 15 and from July 15 and August 15.
Writers can submit work in more than one genre, but the editors ask you to please limit your submissions in any given genre to one submission per reading period.
How to Submit to Orange Blossom Review
Here’s what you need to know to submit to Orange Blossom Review:
- Poets can submit up to five poems at a time.
- Nonfiction and fiction writers can submit one piece at a time with a maximum word count of 5,000.
- Graphic literature is also welcome. Five images can be submitted from various sources, including graphic novel excerpts, or image-based stories, essays, or poems.
- The journal also accepts novel excerpts, accompanied by a brief synopsis.
- They also publish book reviews. Authors may submit reviews of recently published books that range between 1,000 to 2,500 words.
The journal accepts submissions online, but not via email or by post. They accept simultaneous submissions but ask you to withdraw work published elsewhere immediately. They do not accept previously published work.
Please send an updated bio written in the third person and a current email address with your submission.
If you would like to submit to the Orange Blossom Review, please visit their website here.
Good luck to everyone who chooses to submit! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you.
If you do get published in the journal, please let me know. I’d love to read your work and pass it along to a friend.
Stay safe, everyone.
Until next time.