Ex/Post Magazine is a new online publisher of daring fiction, poetry, nonfiction, essays, plays, and more. They’re looking for of-the-moment writing, and they love experimental work.
Here’s what the editors have to say:
“Send us your secret radio transmissions or your experiments gone awry,” they say, “we will welcome all of it.”
Since publishing their first issue earlier this year, Ex/Post has quickly garnered praise from all corners of the literary world. The journal and its sister project Dear Loneliness, have been recognized by The Boston Globe, Her Campus, and Harvard Economics Review.
Their avant-garde aesthetic and design expertise make for a visually stunning digital presentation. You can get a sense of their style by reading the journal online.
Ex/Post Magazine is accepting submissions for their second issue until October 15, 2020. Authors can expect a response within a few weeks.
How to Submit to Ex/Post Magazine
Thinking about sending your work their way? Here’s what you need to know about submitting:
- Poets may submit up to five poems. They also accept spoken word videos.
- Fiction and nonfiction authors may submit up to three pieces of no more than 7,000 words.
- Authors of dramas may submit up to two one-act plays, 10 pages or fewer each.
- Ex/Post reads all submissions blind.
- Each issue features a “Young Writer Spotlight,” so authors under 18 should note their age if they want to be featured.
- All authors published in the magazine receive an honorarium.
Ex/Post Magazine is also accepting applications from BIPOC creators for a microgrant. Here are the details for the grant:
- Two winners will receive $100 and publication of their portfolio.
- BIPOC creators have until October 15, 2020, to submit their work for consideration for the grant.
Ex/Post Magazine accepts submissions online, not via email or by post. They accept simultaneous submissions but ask that authors withdraw work published elsewhere. The magazine also accepts multiple submissions. Please let them know about any simultaneous and multiple submissions in your cover letter.
They do not accept previously published work.
If you would like to learn more or submit to Ex/Post Magazine, please visit their website here.
Good luck to all of you who choose to submit. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you.
And if you are accepted, please let me know! I’d love to read your work and pass it along to a friend.
Stay safe, everyone.
Until next time.