Sunbury Press is a small hardcover, trade paperback, and ebook publisher based in Pennsylvania. They have published over 600 fiction and nonfiction titles through their nine imprints.
The covers they publish range from professional to goofy. You can get a good feel for them and what they publish by visiting their catalog here.
Sunbury Press primarily distributes its books through Ingram Spark, but you can find some of their books in brick and mortar stores. Their about page is an excellent resource for learning more about its distribution and history.
They do not accept work from genres outside of what their imprints specialize in. However, they recently started taking children and young adult (YA) books, but this information is only available once you log into Submittable.
- Sunbury Press is the nonfiction arm of the company and publishes history, politics, and self-help.
- Milford House Press is the primary fiction imprint, including historical, murder mysteries and spy thrillers.
- Brown Posey Press is the literary fiction and creative nonfiction imprint. We also publish our art and music titles under this imprint.
- Hellbender Books is a horror, psycho-thriller, and fantasy imprint.
- Ars Metaphysica is the spiritual, new age, paranormal, and metaphysical fiction imprint.
- Distelfink Press is the nonfiction Pennsylvania Dutch and Pennsylvania German imprint.
- Oxford Southern is the educational and academic nonfiction imprint.
- Verboten Books is an imprint for mature content.
- Speckled Egg Press is juvenile fiction and nonfiction imprint.
How to Submit to Sunbury Press
Here’s what you need to know if you want to submit to Sunbury Press. First, they are accepting submissions for the following categories:
- Nonfiction: history, biography, local history, memoir, true crime, Christian, spiritual, how-to, self-help, paranormal, and metaphysical.
- Fiction: historical, literary, mystery, police procedural, espionage, adventure, detective, legal, urban, dystopian, horror, fantasy, short stories, and YA.
Second, all submissions must go through Submittable. The press will ask you many questions as part of the submission process and to select an imprint.
Sunbury Press only wants complete manuscripts, and they want you to send an author’s bio. They also only want the first three chapters of your book for consideration initially.
To learn more, please visit their submission manager here.
Good luck to all of you who choose to submit. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you.
And if you are accepted, please let me know! I’d love to read your work and pass it along to a friend.
Stay safe, everyone.
Until next time.