Your mental health is not something you should take lightly. I know COVID-19 threw everyone for a loop, and it may have impacted your well-being. It’s why I want to share this list of emergency funds for writers.
I posted this last year to help anyone who needed it, and I want to repost it again due to recent events in the US and the continuing evolution of our response to the pandemic.
My main concern has always been the health and well-being of my followers. I want to make sure that you’re living your best life, whether it’s a helpful tip to conquer your scariest writing fears or providing you with publishing opportunities. (And please do check out those publishing opportunities, some of them pay!)
There would be no blog without you, and I wouldn’t have met so many amazing individuals or read so many fantastic poems and stories.
The List of Emergency Funds for Writers
I came across a list of emergency funds for writers last year in April, and some of the opportunities may no longer be available. However, there are still many organizations trying to help out the creative community.
Most of the listings are stationed in the US and require you to be a US citizen to apply. However, other funds are on the list for the UK, Singapore, and Canada or if you’re part of a specific demographic. If you have anything to add, please let me know by sending me an email at email@example.com or leaving a comment down below.
If you do need help financially during this time, please look into the options available. The article I found also posted a list of the sources they used to find these emergency funds, and I’ll repost them here.
Most of them are updated regularly, so check them often if you’re looking for assistance. The funds cover not only freelance writers but other freelancers in a variety of fields:
- Coronavirus 2020 Artist Relief Fund (Google spreadsheet)
- American Society of Journalists and Authors – Resources Page
- American Society of Journalists and Authors — Writer’s Emergency Assistance Fund
- Academy of American Poets – COVID-19 Resources for Poets and Poetry Organizations
- COVID-19 Freelance Artists – Resources
- Artist Trust – COVID-19 Response & Recovery Resources
- Creative Capital – List of Arts Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Poets and Writers — Resources for Writers in the Time of Coronavirus
- Writer’s Trust of Canada — Canadian Writer’s Emergency Relief Fund
- Writer’s Trust of Canada — Woodcock Fund Grant
- PEN America — Writers’ Emergency Fund
- The Society of Authors — Grants and Contingency Funds
- Rory Peck Trust — a list of places with funds
- Funds for Writers — Grants
- Poets House — Resources for BIPOC Poets
If there is anything more that I can do to help, please let me know! And don’t forget to pass this along to someone who needs it.
Stay safe, everyone.
Until next time.